The PhDnet General Meeting is an annual meeting of PhD representatives and interested PhD candidates of the Max Planck Society. The meeting provides the opportunity to get to know the PhDnet and have an exchange between new and experienced PhD representatives from different institutes. Furthermore the program of the General Meeting typically includes reports from the steering group and workgroups, and discussion of common problems faced by PhD candidates.
More specific, the following topics will be covered:
- Getting to know the PhDnet
- Presentation of the work done in the PhDnet during the past year and defining goals for the work of the PhDnet in the upcoming year
- Discussion with representatives of the Max Planck Society - past meetings were often attended by the MPS president or a vice president as well as a representative of the Administrative Headquarters
- Election of the steering group and formation of new workgroups
- A lecture by an invited speaker from the Max Planck Society
- Social events (e.g. meeting dinner, visit to a local science-related attraction)
This year's meeting will take place in November. More information will follow soon.