N2 members and collaboration
N² is a network of networks. Therefore, its direct members are representative bodies of networks formed by early career researchers, especially doctoral researchers, from universities and non-university research organisations in Germany. We are open for other PhD associations in Germany to join forces and collaborate on projects!
N² consists of two organs, the N² Board and the N² Advisory Board.
Board - Current Network Representatives
The N² Board is formed by the elected representatives – the (deputy) spokespersons – from each member organisation.
- Ivona Kafedjiska and Martin Schrader (Helmholtz Juniors)
- Vanessa Pires (IPP)
- Pankhuri Saxena and Jan Klenke (Leibniz PhD Network)
- Lea Heckmann and Sarah Young (Max Planck PhDnet)
Advisory Board - Previous Board Members
The N² Advisory Board is formed by the previous members of the N² Board who volunteer to provide their resources to the benefit of the network.
- Helmholtz Juniors: Isabela Paredes Cisneros, Michaela Löffler, Tim Lienig and Konstantin Kuhne
- IPP: Vera Minnerker, Vera Tröster
- Leibniz PhD Network: Anja Jahn, Jacob Gorenflos, Katharina Willenbücher, Katarzyna Stoltmann, Jan-Lucas Schanze
- Max Planck PhDnet: Lindsey Bultema, Cornelia van Scherpenberg, Alexander Filippi, Jana Lasser and Teresa Hollerbach
We are open for other PhD associations in Germany to join forces and collaborate on projects. If you are a doctoral researcher in a structured PhD programme or part of a PhD network , we are interested in hearing your ideas about graduate education as well as challenges in academia for early career scientists.
What are your benefits?
Discuss your issues with stakeholders. Bringing voices of young scientists to the attention of decision makers and enabling open discussion is our key competence.
Bring ideas to the political stage. We are in contact with politicians to discuss about the key issues in science.
Make an impact where the funding goes. Science funding agencies are looking for ideas how they can help young scientists. We regularly take part in discussions with them.
Connect with our network and get to know amazing scientists from around the globe!