Publications and Press
N2 aims to contribute to the science political discussion in Germany by publishing statements and position papers on matters concerning early career researchers and their (non-)academic careers. Download the publications here and contact us for more information or interview requests!
Position Papers and Statements
- Statement for commission of the German parliament in the expert exchange on “Diversity in the structure of personnel, in career paths and in scientific excellence” (view German version here).
- Position Papers on Power Abuse in Academia: Elephant in the lab article, peer reviewed article in Beiträge zur Hochschulforschung.
- Statement on diversity for our invitation to the German parliament (German: page 52ff and watch the recording.)
- #IchbinHanna statement (English, German)
- Wahlprüfsteine for the Bundestagswahl 2021 (German, English, Nachtrag SPD)
- Contribution to the MSCA Presidency Conference (Summary in the conference report)
- Statement on the future of doctoral researchers in Germany (download in English or German)
- Constitutional statement on the foundation of N2 (download in English)
2019 Harmonized Survey Reports
In 2019, N² initiated a harmonized survey questionnaire which was sent to doctoral researchers in all four member organisations. The aim was to be able to compare the results between the organisations and increase their significance. The survey reports of the three full member networks of N2 can be found below. The report by our associate member IPP is not publicly available due to small sample size.
On February 4th from 4:00-5:00 pm (English) and February 9th from 2:00-3:00 pm (German), we presented the survey results in video Q&A sessions. Find the recordings or have a look at the slides here (English, German)